Hear me when I call, O God | of my righteousness:
* thou hast set me at liberty when I was in trouble; have mercy upon me, and | hearken •unto• my prayer.
2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye blas- | -pheme mine honour,
* and have such pleasure in vanity, and | seek after falsehood?
3 Know this also, that the LORD hath chosen to himself the man | that is godly;
* when I call upon the | LORD he will hear me.
4 Stand in | awe, and sin not;
* commune with your own heart, and in your | chamber, and be still.
5 Offer the sacri- | -fice of righteousness,
* and put your | trust in the LORD.
6 There be | many• that say,
* Who will | show us any good?
7 LORD, | lift thou up
* the light of thy | countenance upon us.
8 Thou hast put gladness | in my heart;
* yea, more than when their corn and | wine and oil increase.
9 I will lay me down in peace, and | take my rest;
* for it is thou, LORD, only, that | makest• me dwell in safety.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.