O LORD, rebuke me not in thine | indignation,
* neither chasten | me in thy displeasure.
2 Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for | I am weak;
* O LORD, heal me, | for my bones are vexed.
3 My soul also is | sore troubled:
* but, LORD, how long | wilt thou punish me?
4 Turn thee, O LORD, and de -| -liver• my soul;
* O save me, | for thy mercy's sake.
5 For in death no man re- | -mem•bereth• thee;
* and who will give thee | thanks in the pit?
6 I am weary | of my groaning;
* every night wash I my bed, and water my | couch with my tears.
7 My beauty is gone for | very trouble,
* and worn away be- | -cause of all mine enemies.
8 Away from me, all ye that | work iniquity;
* for the LORD hath heard the | voice of my weeping.
9 The LORD hath heard | my petition;
* the LORD | will receive my prayer.
10 All mine enemies shall be confounded, and | sore vexed;
* they shall be turned back, and | put to shame suddenly.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.