O LORD my God, in thee have I | put my trust:
* save me from all them that persecute me, | and deliver me;
2 Lest he devour my soul like a lion, and | tear it• in pieces,
* while | there is none to help.
3 O LORD my God, if I have done | any• such thing;
* or if there be any | wicked•ness in my hands;
4 If I have rewarded evil unto him that dealt | friendly• with me;
* (yea, I have delivered him that without any | cause is mine enemy;)
5 Then let mine enemy persecute my | soul, and take me;
* yea, let him tread my life down upon the earth, and lay mine | honour in the dust.
6 Stand up, O LORD, in thy wrath, and lift up thyself, because of the indignation | of mine enemies;
* arise up for me in the judgment | that thou hast commanded.
7 And so shall the congregation of the peoples | come about thee:
* for their sakes therefore lift | up thyself again.
8 The LORD shall judge the peoples: give sentence with | me, O LORD,
* according to my righteousness, and according to the innocency | that is in me.
9 O let the wickedness of the ungodly | come •to an• end;
* but | guide thou the just.
10 For the | righteous God
* trieth the | very hearts and reins.
11 My help | cometh• of God,
* who preserveth them | that are true of heart.
12 God is a righteous Judge, | strong, and patient;
* and God is pro- | -voked every day.
13 If a man will not turn, he will | whet his sword;
* he hath bent his | bow, and made it ready.
14 He hath prepared for him the instru- | -ments of death;
* he ordaineth his arrows a- | -gainst the persecutors.
15 Behold, the ungodly travaileth | with iniquity;
* he hath conceived | mischief,• and brought forth falsehood.
16 He hath graven and digged | up a pit,
* and is fallen himself into the destruction | that he made for other.
17 For his travail shall come upon his | own head,
* and his wickedness shall fall | on his own pate.
18 I will give thanks unto the LORD, according | to his righteousness;
* and I will praise the Name | of the LORD Most High.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.