I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, with my | whole heart;
* I will speak of | all thy marvellous works.
2 I will be glad and re- | -joice in thee;
* yea, my songs will I make of thy | Name, O thou Most Highest.
3 While mine enemies are | driven back,
* they shall fall and | perish at thy presence.
4 For thou hast maintained my right | and my cause;
* thou art set in the | throne that judgest right.
5 Thou hast rebuked the heathen, and destroyed | the ungodly;
* thou hast put out their | name for •ever• and ever.
6 O thou enemy, thy destructions are come to a per- | -petual end;
* even as the cities which thou hast destroyed, whose memorial is | perished with them.
7 But the LORD shall en- | -dure for ever;
* he hath also pre- | -pared his seat for judgment.
8 For he shall judge the | world in righteousness,
* and minister true | judgment •unto• the people.
9 The LORD also will be a defence | for •the op•pressed,
* even a refuge in | due time of trouble.
10 And they that know thy Name will put their | trust in thee;
* for thou, LORD, hast never | failed them that seek thee.
11 O praise the LORD which | dwelleth• in Sion;
* show the | people of his doings.
12 For when he maketh inquisition for blood, he re- | -member•eth them,
* and forgetteth not the com- | -plaint of the poor.
13 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; consider the trouble which I suffer of | them that hate me,
* thou that liftest me up | from the gates of death;
14 That I may show all thy praises within the gates of the | daughter• of Sion:
* I will re- | -joice in thy salvation.
15 The heathen are sunk down in the pit | that they made;
* in the same net which they hid privily | is their foot taken.
16 The LORD is known to | exe•cute judgment;
* the ungodly is trapped in the work | of his own hands.
17 The wicked shall be turned | to destruction,
* and all the people | that forget God.
18 For the poor shall not alway | be forgotten;
* the patient abiding of the meek | shall not •perish• for ever.
19 Up, LORD, and let not man have the | upper hand;
* let the heathen be | judged in thy sight.
20 Put them in | fear, O LORD,
* that the heathen may know them- | -selves to be but men.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.