Help me, LORD, for there is not one | godly• man left;
* for the faithful are minished from a- | -mong the •children• of men.
2 They talk of vanity every one | with his neighbour;
* they do but flatter with their lips, and dissemble | in their double heart.
3 The LORD shall root out all de- | -ceitful lips,
* and the tongue that | speaketh proud things;
4 Which have said, With our tongue will | we prevail;
* we are they that ought to speak; who is | lord over us?
5 Now, for the comfortless troubles' sake | of the needy,
* and because of the deep | sighing of the poor,
6 I will up, | saith the LORD;
* and will help every one from him that swelleth against him, | and will •set him• at rest.
7 The words of the LORD are | pure words;
* even as the silver which from the earth is tried, and purified | seven• times in the fire.
8 Thou shalt keep | them, O LORD;
* thou shalt preserve them from this | gener•ation• for ever.
9 The ungodly walk on | every side:
* when they are exalted, the children of | men are put •to re•buke.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.