How long wilt thou forget me, O | LORD; for ever?
* how long wilt thou | hide thy face from me?
2 How long shall I seek counsel in my soul, and be so vexed | in my heart?
* how long shall mine enemy | triumph over me?
3 Consider, and hear me, O | LORD my God;
* lighten mine eyes, that I | sleep not in death;
4 Lest mine enemy say, I have pre- | -vailed against him:
* for if I be cast down, they that trouble me | will rejoice at it.
5 But my trust is | in thy mercy,
* and my heart is | joyful• in thy salvation.
6 I will sing of the LORD, because he hath dealt so | loving•ly with me;
* yea, I will praise the Name | of the Lord Most Highest.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.