Hear the right, O LORD, consider | my complaint,
* and hearken unto my prayer, that goeth not | out of feigned lips.
2 Let my sentence come forth | from thy presence;
* and let thine eyes look upon the | thing that is equal.
3 Thou hast proved and visited mine heart in the night season; thou hast tried me, and shalt find no | wicked•ness in me;
* for I am utterly purposed that my | mouth shall not offend.
4 As for the | works of men,
* by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the | ways of the destroyer.
5 O hold thou up my goings | in thy paths,
* that my | footsteps slip not.
6 I have called upon thee, O God, for | thou shalt hear me:
* incline thine ear to me, and | hearken •unto• my words.
7 Show thy marvellous loving-kindness, thou that art the Saviour of them which put their | trust in thee,
* from such as re- | -sist thy right hand.
8 Keep me as the apple | of an eye;
* hide me under the | shadow of thy wings,
9 From the ungodly, that | trouble me;
* mine enemies compass me round about, to | take away my soul.
10 They are inclosed in their | own fat,
* and their mouth | speaketh proud things.
11 They lie waiting in our way on | every side,
* watching to cast us | down to the ground;
12 Like as a lion that is greedy | of his prey,
* and as it were a lion's whelp | lurking• in secret places.
13 Up, LORD, disappoint him, and | cast him down;
* deliver my soul from the ungodly, | by thine own sword;
14 Yea, by thy hand, O LORD; from the men of the | evil world;
* which have their portion in this life, whose bellies thou fillest | with thy hid treasure.
15 They have children at | their desire,
* and leave the rest of their | substance for their babes.
16 But as for me, I shall behold thy | presence• in righteousness;
* and when I awake up after thy likeness, | I shall be satisfied.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.