I will love thee, O | LORD, my strength.
* The LORD is my stony rock, | and my defence;
2 My Saviour, my God, and my might, in whom | I will trust;
* my buckler, the horn also of my sal- | -vation, and my refuge.
3 I will call upon the LORD, which is worthy | to be praised;
* so shall I be | safe from mine enemies.
4 The sorrows of death | compassed me,
* and the overflowings of ungodliness | made me afraid.
5 The pains of hell | came about me;
* the snares of | death overtook me.
6 In my trouble I called up- | -on the LORD,
* and com- | -plained •unto• my God:
7 So he heard my voice out of his | holy temple,
* and my complaint came before him; it entered | even •into• his ears.
8 The earth | trembled• and quaked,
* the very foundations also of the hills shook, and were removed, be- | -cause he was wroth.
9 There went a smoke out | in his presence,
* and a consuming fire out of his mouth, so that | coals were kindled at it.
10 He bowed the heavens also, and | came down,
* and it was | dark under his feet.
11 He rode upon the Cherubim, | and did fly;
* he came flying upon the | wings of the wind.
12 He made darkness his | secret place,
* his pavilion round about him with dark water, and thick | clouds to cover him.
13 At the brightness of his presence his | clouds removed;
* hail- | -stones and coals of fire.
14 The LORD also thundered out of heaven, and the Highest | gave his thunder;
* hail- | -stones and coals of fire.
15 He sent out his arrows, and | scattered them;
* he cast forth lightnings, | and destroyed them.
16 The springs of waters were seen, and the foundations of the round world | were discovered,
* at thy chiding, O LORD, at the blasting of the | breath of thy displeasure.
17 He sent down from on | high to fetch me,
* and took me | out of many waters.
18 He delivered me from my strongest enemy, and from | them which hate me;
* for they | were too •mighty• for me.
19 They came upon me in the day | of my trouble;
* but the | LORD was my upholder.
20 He brought me forth also into a | place of liberty;
* he brought me forth, even because he had a | favour unto me.
21 The LORD rewarded me after my | righteous dealing,
* according to the cleanness of my hands | did he recompense me.
22 Because I have kept the ways | of the LORD,
* and have not forsaken my God, | as the wicked doth.
23 For I have an eye unto | all his laws,
* and will not cast out | his commandments from me.
24 I was also uncor- | -rupt before him,
* and es- | -chewed mine own wickedness.
25 Therefore the LORD rewarded me after my | righteous dealing,
* and according unto the cleanness of my | hands in his eyesight.
26 With the holy thou | shalt be holy,
* and with a perfect man | thou shalt be perfect.
27 With the clean thou | shalt be clean,
* and with the froward | thou shalt be froward.
28 For thou shalt save the people that are | in adversity,
* and shalt bring down the | high looks of the proud.
29 Thou also shalt | light my candle;
* the LORD my God shall make my | darkness to be light.
30 For in thee I shall discomfit an | host of men,
* and with the help of my God I shall | leap •over• the wall.
31 The way of God is an unde- | -fil-ed way:
* the word of the LORD also is tried in the fire; he is the defender of all them that | put their trust in him.
32 For who is God, | but the LORD?
* or who hath any | strength, except our God?
33 It is God that girdeth me with | strength of war,
* and | maketh• my way perfect.
34 He maketh my | feet like harts' feet,
* and | setteth• me up on high.
35 He teacheth mine | hands to fight,
* and mine arms shall bend | even• a bow of steel.
36 Thou hast given me the defence of | thy salvation;
* thy right hand also shall hold me up, and thy loving cor- | -rection• shall make me great.
37 Thou shalt make room enough under me | for to go,
* that my | footsteps shall not slide.
38 I will follow upon mine enemies, and | overtake them;
* neither will I turn again till I | have destroyed them.
39 I will smite them, that they shall not be | able• to stand,
* but | fall •under• my feet.
40 Thou hast girded me with strength | unto• the battle;
* thou shalt throw down mine | ene•mies under me.
41 Thou hast made mine enemies also to turn their | backs upon me,
* and I shall de- | -stroy them that hate me.
42 They shall cry, but there shall be | none to help them;
* yea, even unto the LORD shall they cry, | but he shall not hear them.
43 I will beat them as small as the dust be- | -fore the wind:
* I will cast them out as the | clay in the streets.
44 Thou shalt deliver me from the strivings | of the people,
* and thou shalt make me the head of the nations; a people whom I | have not known shall serve me.
45 As soon as they hear of me, they shall o- | -bey me;
* the strangers shall feign o- | -bedi•ence unto me.
46 The strangers | shall fail,
* and come trembling | out of their strongholds.
47 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my | strong helper,
* and praised be the | God of my salvation;
48 Even the God that seeth that I | be avenged,
* and subdueth the | people unto me.
49 It is he that delivereth me from my cruel enemies, and setteth me up above mine | adversaries:
* thou shalt rid me | from the wicked man.
50 For this cause will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, a- | -mong the Gentiles,
* and sing | praises •unto• thy Name.
51 Great prosperity giveth he | unto• his King,
* and showeth loving-kindness unto David his anointed, and unto his | seed for evermore.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.