The heavens declare the | glory• of God;
* and the firmament | showeth• his handy-work.
2 One day | telleth• another;
* and one night | certi•fieth• another.
3 There is neither | speech nor language;
* but their | voices• are heard among them.
4 Their sound is gone out into | all lands;
* and their words into the | ends of the world.
5 In them hath he set a tabernacle | for the sun;
* which cometh forth as a bridegroom out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a | giant• to run his course.
6 It goeth forth from the uttermost part of the heaven, and runneth about unto the end of | it again;
* and there is nothing hid | from the heat thereof.
7 The law of the LORD is an undefiled law, con- | -verting• the soul;
* the testimony of the LORD is sure, and giveth wisdom | unto• the simple.
8 The statutes of the LORD are right, and re- | -joice the heart;
* the commandment of the LORD is pure, and giveth | light •unto• the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is clean, and en- | -dureth• for ever;
* the judgments of the LORD are true, and | righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than | much fine gold;
* sweeter also than | honey, and the honeycomb.
11 Moreover, by them is thy | servant taught;
* and in keeping of them | there is great reward.
12 Who can tell how | oft •he of•fendeth?
* O cleanse thou me | from my secret faults.
13 Keep thy servant also from presumptuous sins, lest they get the dominion | over me;
* so shall I be undefiled, and innocent | from the great offence.
14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be alway acceptable | in thy sight,
* O LORD, my | strength and my redeemer.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.