The King shall rejoice in thy | strength, O LORD;
* exceeding glad shall he | be of thy salvation.
2 Thou hast given him his | heart's desire,
* and hast not denied him the re- | -quest of his lips.
3 For thou shalt meet him with the | blessings• of goodness,
* and shalt set a crown of pure | gold upon his head.
4 He asked life of thee; and thou gavest him a | long life,
* even for | ever and ever.
5 His honour is great in | thy salvation;
* glory and great worship | shalt thou lay upon him.
6 For thou shalt give him ever- | -lasting• felicity,
* and make him glad with the | joy of thy countenance.
7 And why? because the King putteth his trust | in the LORD;
* and in the mercy of the Most Highest | he shall not miscarry.
8 All thine enemies shall | feel thine hand;
* thy right hand shall | find out them that hate thee.
9 Thou shalt make them like a fiery oven in time | of thy wrath:
* the LORD shall destroy them in his displeasure, and the | fire shall consume them.
10 Their fruit shalt thou root | out •of the• earth,
* and their seed from a- | -mong the •children• of men.
11 For they intended | mischief• against thee,
* and imagined such a device as they are not | able to perform.
12 Therefore shalt thou put | them to flight,
* and the strings of thy bow shalt thou make ready a- | -gainst the face of them.
13 Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine | own strength;
* so will we | sing, and praise thy power.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.2nd half: v. 13