My God, my God, look upon me; why hast thou for- | -saken me?
* and art so far from my health, and from the | words of my complaint?
2 O my God, I cry in the day-time, but thou | hearest not;
* and in the night season | also• I take no rest.
3 And thou con- | -tinu•est holy,
* O thou | Worship• of Israel.
4 Our fathers | hoped in thee;
* they trusted in thee, and thou | didst deliver them.
5 They called upon thee, | and were holpen;
* they put their trust in thee, | and were not confounded.
6 But as for me, I am a worm, and | no man;
* a very scorn of men, and the | outcast of the people.
7 All they that see me laugh | me to scorn;
* they shoot out their lips, and | shake their heads, saying,
8 He trusted in the LORD, that he would de- | -liver him;
* let him deliver him, | if he will have him.
9 But thou art he that took me out of my | mother's womb;
* thou wast my hope, when I hanged yet up- | -on my mother's breasts.
10 I have been left unto thee ever since | I was born;
* thou art my God even | from my mother's womb.
11 O go not from me; for trouble is | hard at hand,
* and | there is none to help me.
12 Many oxen are | come about me;
* fat bulls of Bashan close me | in on every side.
13 They gape upon me | with their mouths,
* as it were a ramping | and a roaring lion.
14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are | out of joint;
* my heart also in the midst of my body is | even• like melting wax.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue cleaveth | to my gums,
* and thou bringest me | into• the dust of death.
16 For many dogs are | come about me,
* and the council of the wicked | layeth siege against me.
17 They pierced my hands and my feet: I may tell | all my bones:
* they stand | staring• and | looking• upon me.
18 They part my | garments• among them,
* and cast | lots upon my vesture.
19 But be not thou far from | me, O LORD;
* thou art my succour, | haste thee to help me.
20 Deliver my soul | from the sword,
* my darling from the | power of the dog.
21 Save me from the | lion's mouth;
* thou hast heard me also from among the | horns of the unicorns.
22 I will declare thy Name | unto• my brethren;
* in the midst of the congre- | -gation will I praise thee.
23 O praise the LORD, | ye that fear him:
* magnify him, all ye of the seed of Jacob; and fear him, | all ye seed of Israel.
24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the low estate | of the poor;
* he hath not hid his face from him; but when he called | unto him he heard him.
25 My praise is of thee in the great | congregation;
* my vows will I perform in the | sight of them that fear him.
26 The poor shall eat, and be satisfied; they that seek after the | LORD shall praise him:
* your | heart shall live for ever.
27 All the ends of the world shall remember themselves, and be turned | unto• the LORD;
* and all the kindreds of the | nations• shall •worship• before him.
28 For the kingdom | is the LORD'S,
* and he is the Gover- | -nor among the nations.
29 All such as be | fat up•on earth
* have | eaten, and worshipped.
30 All they that go down into the dust shall | kneel before him;
* and no man hath | quickened• his own soul.
31 My | seed shall serve him:
* they shall be counted unto the Lord | for a generation.
32 They shall come, and shall de- | -clare his righteousness
* unto a people that shall be born, | whom the Lord hath made.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.