Unto thee will I cry, O | LORD, my strength:
* think no scorn of me; lest, if thou make as though thou hearest not, I become like them that go | down •into• the pit.
2 Hear the voice of my humble petitions, when I cry | unto thee;
* when I hold up my hands towards the mercyseat | of thy holy temple.
3 O pluck me not away, neither destroy me with the ungodly and | wicked doers,
* which speak friendly to their neighbours, but imagine | mischief in their hearts.
4 Reward them according | to their deeds,
* and according to the wickedness | of their own inventions.
5 Recompense them after the work | of their hands;
* pay them | that they have deserved.
6 For they regard not in their mind the works of the LORD, nor the operation | of his hands;
* therefore shall he break them down, and | not build them up.
7 Praised | be the LORD;
* for he hath heard the voice | of my •humble• petitions.
8 The LORD is my strength, and my shield; my heart hath trusted in him, and | I am helped;
* therefore my heart danceth for joy, and in my | song will I praise him.
9 The LORD | is my strength,
* and he is the wholesome de- | -fence of his anointed.
10 O save thy people, and give thy blessing unto | thine inheritance:
* feed them, and | set them up for ever.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.