I will magnify thee, O LORD; for thou hast | set me up,
* and not made my foes to | triumph over me.
2 O LORD my God, I cried | unto thee;
* and | thou hast heal-ed me.
3 Thou, LORD, hast brought my soul | out of hell:
* thou hast kept my life, that I should not go | down •into• the pit.
4 Sing praises unto the LORD, O ye | saints of his;
* and give thanks unto him, for a re- | -membrance of his holiness.
5 For his wrath endureth but the twinkling of an eye, and in his | pleasure• is life;
* heaviness may endure for a night, but joy | cometh in the morning.
6 And in my prosperity I said, I shall never | be removed:
* thou, LORD, of thy goodness, hast | made my hill so strong.
7 Thou didst turn thy | face from me,
* and | I was troubled.
8 Then cried I unto | thee, O LORD;
* and gat me | to my LORD right humbly.
9 What profit is there | in my blood,
* when I go | down •into• the pit?
10 Shall the dust give thanks | unto thee?
* or shall | it declare thy truth?
11 Hear, O LORD, and have | mercy• upon me;
* LORD, be | thou my helper.
12 Thou hast turned my heaviness | into joy;
* thou hast put off my sackcloth, and | girded me with gladness:
13 Therefore shall every good man sing of thy praise with- | -out ceasing.
* O my God, I will give thanks | unto thee for ever.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.