In thee, O LORD, have I put my trust; let me never be put | to confusion;
* de- | -liver• me in thy righteousness.
2 Bow down thine | ear to me;
* make haste | to deliver me.
3 And be thou my strong rock, and house | of defence,
* that thou | mayest save me.
4 For thou art my strong rock, | and my castle:
* be thou also my guide, and lead me | for thy Name's sake.
5 Draw me out of the net that they have laid | privi•ly for me;
* for | thou art my strength.
6 Into thy hands I com- | -mend my spirit;
* for thou hast redeemed me, O | LORD, thou God of truth.
7 I have hated them that hold of | lying vanities,
* and my trust hath | been in the LORD.
8 I will be glad and rejoice | in thy mercy;
* for thou hast considered my trouble, and hast known my | soul in adversities.
9 Thou hast not shut me up into the hand | of the enemy;
* but hast set my feet | in a large room.
10 Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for | I am• in trouble,
* and mine eye is consumed for very heaviness; yea, my | soul and my body.
11 For my life is waxen | old with heaviness,
* and my | years with mourning.
12 My strength faileth me, because of | mine iniquity,
* and my | bones are consumed.
13 I became a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially a- | -mong my neighbours;
* and they of mine acquaintance were afraid of me; and they that did see me without, con- | -veyed themselves from me.
14 I am clean forgotten as a dead man | out of mind;
* I am become | like a broken vessel.
15 For I have heard the blasphemy of the multitude, and fear is on | every side;
* while they conspire together against me, and take their counsel to | take away my life.
16 But my hope hath been in | thee, O LORD;
* I have said, | Thou art my God.
17 My times are in thy hand; deliver me from the hand | of mine enemies,
* and from | them that •perse•cute me.
18 Show thy servant the light | of thy countenance,
* and save me | for thy mercy's sake.
19 Let me not be confounded, O LORD, for I have | called upon thee;
* let the ungodly be put to confusion, and be put to | silence in the grave.
20 Let the lying lips be | put to silence,
* which cruelly, disdainfully, and despitefully | speak against the righteous.
21 O how plentiful is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for | them that fear thee,
* and that thou hast prepared for them that put their trust in thee, even be- | -fore the sons of men!
22 Thou shalt hide them in the covert of thine own presence from the | plottings• of men:
* thou shalt keep them secretly in thy tabernacle | from the strife of tongues.
23 Thanks be | to the LORD;
* for he hath showed me marvellous great kindness | in a strong city.
24 But in my | haste I said,
* I am cast out of the | sight of thine eyes.
25 Nevertheless, thou heardest the voice | of my prayer,
* when I | cried unto thee.
26 O love the LORD, all | ye his saints;
* for the LORD preserveth them that are faithful, and plenteously re- | -wardeth• the proud doer.
27 Be strong, and he shall es- | -tablish your heart,
* all ye that put your | trust in the LORD.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.