Rejoice in the LORD, | O ye righteous;
* for it becometh well the | just to be thankful.
2 Praise the | LORD with harp;
* sing praises unto him with the lute, and instru- | -ment of ten strings.
3 Sing unto the LORD a | new song;
* sing praises lustily unto him | with a good courage.
4 For the word of the | LORD is true;
* and | all his works are faithful.
5 He loveth righteous- | -ness and judgment;
* the earth is full of the | goodness of the LORD.
6 By the word of the LORD were the | heavens made;
* and all the host of them by the | breath of his mouth.
7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together, as it were up- | -on an heap;
* and layeth up the deep, as | in a treasure-house.
8 Let all the earth | fear the LORD:
* stand in awe of him, all ye that | dwell in the world.
9 For he spake, and | it was done;
* he commanded, | and it stood fast.
10 The LORD bringeth the counsel of the | heathen• to nought,
* and maketh the devices of the people to be of none effect, and casteth | out the •counsels• of princes.
11 The counsel of the LORD shall en- | -dure for ever,
* and the thoughts of his heart from gener- | -ation• to generation.
12 Blessed are the people whose God is the | Lord JEHOVAH;
* and blessed are the folk that he hath chosen to him, to | be his inheritance.
13 The LORD looketh down from heaven, and beholdeth all the | children• of men;
* from the habitation of his dwelling, he considereth all them that | dwell on the earth.
14 He fashioneth all the | hearts of them,
* and under- | -standeth all their works.
15 There is no king that can be saved by the multitude | of an host;
* neither is any mighty man de- | -livered by much strength.
16 A horse is counted but a vain thing to | save a man;
* neither shall he deliver any man | by his great strength.
17 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon | them that fear him,
* and upon them that put their | trust in his mercy;
18 To deliver their | soul from death, * and to feed them | in the time of dearth.
19 Our soul hath patiently tarried | for the LORD;
* for he is our | help and our shield.
20 For our heart shall re- | -joice in him;
* because we have hoped | in his holy Name.
21 Let thy merciful kindness, O LORD, | be upon us,
* like as we do | put our trust in thee.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.