I WILL alway give thanks | unto• the LORD;
* his praise shall | ever• be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make her boast | in the LORD;
* the humble shall hear there- | -of, and be glad.
3 O praise the | LORD with me,
* and let us magni- | -fy his Name together.
4 I sought the LORD, | and he heard me;
* yea, he delivered me | out of all my fear.
5 They had an eye unto him, | and were lightened;
* and their | faces• were not ashamed.
6 Lo, the poor crieth, and the LORD | heareth him;
* yea, and saveth him | out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the LORD tarrieth round about | them that fear him,
* and | — de•liver•eth them.
8 O taste, and see, how gracious the | LORD is:
* blessed is the | man that •trusteth• in him.
9 O fear the LORD, ye that | are his saints;
* for they that | fear him lack nothing.
10 The lions do lack, and | suffer hunger;
* but they who seek the LORD shall want no manner of | thing that is good.
11 Come, ye children, and hearken | unto me;
* I will teach you the | fear of the LORD.
12 What man is he that | lusteth• to live,
* and would | fain see good days?
13 Keep thy | tongue from evil,
* and thy lips, | that they speak no guile.
14 Eschew evil, and | do good;
* seek | peace, and ensue it.
15 The eyes of the LORD are | over• the righteous,
* and his ears are | open •unto• their prayers.
16 The countenance of the LORD is against them that | do evil,
* to root out the remembrance | of them from the earth.
17 The righteous cry, and the LORD | heareth them,
* and delivereth them | out of all their troubles.
18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a | contrite heart,
* and will save such as be | of an humble spirit.
19 Great are the troubles | of the righteous;
* but the LORD delivereth | him out of all.
20 He keepeth | all his bones,
* so that not | one of them is broken.
21 But misfortune shall slay | the ungodly;
* and they that hate the | righteous shall be desolate.
22 The LORD delivereth the souls | of his servants;
* and all they that put their trust in | him shall not be destitute.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.