Fret not thyself because of | the ungodly;
* neither be thou envious a- | -gainst the evil doers.
2 For they shall soon be cut down | like the grass,
* and be withered even | as the green herb.
3 Put thou thy trust in the LORD, and be | doing good;
* dwell in the land, and verily | thou shalt be fed.
4 Delight thou | in the LORD,
* and he shall give | thee thy heart's desire.
5 Commit thy way unto the LORD, and put thy | trust in him,
* and | he shall •bring it• to pass.
6 He shall make thy righteousness as clear | as the light,
* and thy just | dealing as the noon-day.
7 Hold thee still in the LORD, and abide patient- | -ly upon him:
* but grieve not thyself at him whose way doth prosper, against the man that doeth | after evil counsels.
8 Leave off from wrath, and let | go displeasure:
* fret not thyself, else shalt thou be | moved to do evil.
9 Wicked doers shall be | rooted out;
* and they that patiently abide the LORD, those | shall in•herit• the land.
10 Yet a little while, and the ungodly shall be | clean gone:
* thou shalt look after his place, and | he shall be away.
11 But the meek-spirited shall pos- | -sess the earth,
* and shall be refreshed in the | multitude of peace.
12 The ungodly seeketh counsel a- | -gainst the just,
* and gnasheth up- | -on him with his teeth.
13 The Lord shall laugh | him to scorn;
* for he hath seen | that his day is coming.
14 The ungodly have drawn out the sword, and have | bent their bow,
* to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be | upright in their ways.
15 Their sword shall go through their | own heart,
* and their | bow shall be broken.
16 A small thing that the | righteous hath,
* is better than great | riches• of the ungodly.
17 For the arms of the ungodly | shall be broken,
* and the | LORD up•holdeth• the righteous.
18 The LORD knoweth the days | of the godly;
* and their inheritance | shall endure for ever.
19 They shall not be confounded in the | peril•ous time;
* and in the days of dearth | they shall have enough.
20 As for the ungodly, they shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall consume as the | fat of lambs:
* yea, even as the smoke shall | they consume away.
21 The ungodly borroweth, and payeth | not again;
* but the righteous is | merciful and liberal.
22 Such as are blessed of God, shall pos- | -sess the land;
* and they that are cursed of him, | shall be rooted out.
23 The LORD ordereth a | good man's going,
* and maketh his way ac- | -cepta•ble to himself.
24 Though he fall, he shall not be | cast away;
* for the LORD up- | -holdeth• him with his hand.
25 I have been young, and | now am old;
* and yet saw I never the righteous forsaken, nor his | seed •begging• their bread.
26 The righteous is ever merci- | -ful, and lendeth;
* and his | seed is blessed.
27 Flee from evil, and do the thing | that is good;
* and | dwell for evermore.
28 For the LORD loveth the thing | that is right;
* he forsaketh not his that be godly, but | they are• preserved for ever.
29 The unrighteous | shall be punished;
* as for the seed of the ungodly, | it •shall be• rooted out.
30 The righteous shall in- | -herit• the land,
* and | dwell therein for ever.
31 The mouth of the righteous is exer- | -cised in wisdom,
* and his tongue | will be •talking• of judgment.
32 The law of his God is | in his heart,
* and his | goings shall not slide.
33 The ungodly | watcheth• the righteous,
* and | seeketh• oc•casion• to slay him.
34 The LORD will not leave him | in his hand,
* nor con- | -demn him when •he is• judged.
35 Hope thou in the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall promote thee, that thou shalt pos- | -sess the land:
* when the ungodly shall | perish, thou shalt see it.
36 I myself have seen the ungodly in | great power,
* and flourishing | like a green bay-tree.
37 I went by, and lo, | he was gone:
* I sought him, but his place could | no where be found.
38 Keep innocency, and take heed unto the thing | that is right;
* for that shall bring a man | peace at the last.
39 As for the transgressors, they shall | perish• together;
* and the end of the ungodly is, they shall be rooted | out at the last.
40 But the salvation of the righteous cometh | of the LORD;
* who is also their strength | in the time of trouble.
41 And the LORD shall stand by | them, and save them:
* he shall deliver them from the ungodly, and shall save them, because they | put their trust in him.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.2nd half: v. 41