Put me not to rebuke, O LORD, | in thine anger;
* neither chasten me | in thy •heavy• displeasure:
2 For thine arrows stick | fast in me,
* and thy | hand •presseth• me sore.
3 There is no health in my flesh, because of | thy displeasure;
* neither is there any rest in my bones, by | reason of my sin.
4 For my wickednesses are gone | over• my head,
* and are like a sore burden, too | heavy• for me to bear.
5 My wounds stink, and | are corrupt,
* through | my foolishness.
6 I am brought into so great | trouble• and misery,
* that I go mourning | all the day long.
7 For my loins are filled with a | sore disease,
* and there is no | whole part in my body.
8 I am feeble and | sore smitten;
* I have roared for the very dis- | -quiet•ness of my heart.
9 Lord, thou knowest all | my desire;
* and my groaning | is not hid from thee.
10 My heart panteth, my strength hath | failed me,
* and the light of mine | eyes is gone from me.
11 My lovers and my neighbours did stand looking up- | -on my trouble,
* and my kinsmen | stood afar off.
12 They also that sought after my life laid | snares for me;
* and they that went about to do me evil talked of wickedness, and imagined deceit | all the day long.
13 As for me, I was like a deaf | man, and heard not;
* and as one that is dumb, who | doth not •open• his mouth.
14 I became even as a man that | heareth not,
* and in whose | mouth are no reproofs.
15 For in thee, O LORD, have I | put my trust;
* thou shalt answer for | me, O Lord my God.
16 I have required that they, even mine enemies, should not triumph | over me;
* for when my foot slipt, they re- | -joiced •greatly• against me.
17 And I truly am set | in the plague,
* and my heaviness is | ever in my sight.
18 For I will con- | -fess my wickedness,
* and be | sorry for my sin.
19 But mine enemies live, | and are mighty;
* and they that hate me wrongfully | are •many• in number.
20 They also that reward evil for good | are against me;
* because I follow the | thing that good is.
21 Forsake me not, O | LORD my God;
* be not | thou far from me.
22 Haste | thee to help me,
* O Lord | God of my salvation.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.