I waited patiently | for the LORD,
* and he inclined unto | me, and heard my calling.
2 He brought me also out of the horrible pit, out of the | mire and clay,
* and set my feet upon the rock, and | ordered my goings.
3 And he hath put a new song | in my mouth,
* even a thanks- | -giving •unto• our God.
4 Many shall | see it•, and fear,
* and shall put their | trust in the LORD.
5 Blessed is the man that hath set his hope | in the LORD,
* and turned not unto the proud, and to such as | go about with lies.
6 O LORD my God, great are the wondrous works which thou hast done, like as be also thy thoughts, which | are to usward;
* and yet there is no man that ordereth | them unto thee.
7 If I should declare them, and | speak of them,
* they should be more than I am | able to express.
8 Sacrifice and offering thou | wouldest not,
* but mine | ears hast thou opened.
9 Burnt-offering and sacrifice for sin hast thou | not required:
* then | said I, Lo, I come;
10 In the volume of the book it is written of me, that I should fulfil thy will, | O my God:
* I am content to do it; yea, thy law | is within my heart.
11 I have declared thy righteousness in the great | congregation:
* lo, I will not refrain my lips, O | LORD, and that thou knowest.
12 I have not hid thy righteousness with- | -in my heart;
* my talk hath been of thy truth, | and of thy salvation.
13 I have not kept back thy loving | mercy• and truth
* from the | great congregation.
14 Withdraw not thou thy mercy from | me, O LORD;
* let thy loving-kindness and thy truth | alway preserve me.
15 For innumerable troubles are come about me; my sins have taken such hold upon me, that I am not able to | look up;
* yea, they are more in number than the hairs of my head, and my | heart hath failed me.
16 O LORD, let it be thy pleasure to de- | -liver me;
* make | haste, O LORD, to help me.
17 Let them be ashamed, and confounded together, that seek after my soul | to destroy it;
* let them be driven backward, and put to re- | -buke, that wish me evil.
18 Let them be desolate, and re- | -warded• with shame,
* that say unto me, Fie up- | -on thee! fie upon thee!
19 Let all those that seek thee, be joyful and | glad in thee;
* and let such as love thy salvation, say alway, The | LORD be praised.
20 As for me, I am | poor and needy;
* but the | Lord careth for me.
21 Thou art my helper | and redeemer;
* make no long | tarry•ing, O my God.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.2nd half: v. 13