Give sentence with me, O God, and defend my cause against the un- | -godly people;
* O deliver me from the de- | -ceitful• and wicked man.
2 For thou art the God of my strength; why hast thou | put me from thee?
* and why go I so heavily, while the | ene•my op- | -presseth me?
3 O send out thy light and thy truth, that | they may lead me,
* and bring me unto thy holy | hill, and to thy dwelling;
4 And that I may go unto the altar of God, even unto the God of my | joy and gladness;
* and upon the harp will I give thanks unto thee, O | God, my God.
5 Why art thou so heavy, | O my soul?
* and why art thou so dis- | -quieted within me?
6 O put thy | trust in God;
* for I will yet give him thanks, which is the help of my | counte•nance, and my God.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.