My heart overfloweth with a good matter; I speak the things which I have made con- | -cerning• the King.
* My tongue is the pen | of a ready writer.
2 Thou art fairer than the | children• of men;
* full of grace are thy lips, because God hath | blessed thee for ever.
3 Gird thee with thy sword upon thy thigh, O | thou Most Mighty,
* according to thy | worship and renown.
4 Good luck have thou | with thine honour:
* ride on, because of the word of truth, of meekness, and righteousness; and thy right hand shall | teach thee •terri•ble things.
5 Thy arrows are very sharp in the heart | of the• King's enemies,
* and the people shall be sub- | -dued unto thee.
6 Thy seat, O God, en- | -dureth for ever;
* the sceptre of thy kingdom | is a right sceptre.
7 Thou hast loved righteousness, and | hated• iniquity;
* wherefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of | gladness• above thy fellows.
8 All thy garments smell of myrrh, | aloes•, and cassia;
* out of the ivory palaces, whereby | they have made thee glad.
9 Kings' daughters are among thy honour- | -able women;
* upon thy right hand doth stand the queen in a vesture of gold, wrought a- | -bout with divers colours.
10 Hearken, O daughter, and consider; in- | -cline thine ear;
* forget also thine own people, | and thy father's house.
11 So shall the King have pleasure | in thy beauty;
* for he is thy Lord, and | worship thou him.
12 And the daughter of Tyre shall be there | with a gift;
* like as the rich also among the people shall make their | suppli•cation• before thee.
13 The King's daughter is all glori- | -ous within;
* her clothing | is of wrought gold.
14 She shall be brought unto the King in | raiment• of needlework:
* the virgins that be her fellows shall bear her company, and shall be | brought unto thee.
15 With joy and gladness shall | they be brought,
* and shall enter | into• the King's palace.
16 Instead of thy fathers, thou | shalt have children,
* whom thou mayest make | princes• in all lands.
17 I will make thy Name to be remembered from one generation | to another;
* therefore shall the people give thanks unto thee, | world without end.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.