Great is the Lord, and highly | to be praised
* in the city of our God, even up- | -on his holy hill.
2 The hill of Sion is a fair place, and the joy of the | whole earth;
* upon the north side lieth the city of the great King: God is well known in her palaces | as a sure refuge.
3 For lo, the kings | of the earth
* were gathered, and | gone by together.
4 They marvelled to | see such things;
* they were astonished, and | sudden•ly cast down.
5 Fear came there upon | them; and sorrow,
* as upon a | woman in her travail.
6 Thou dost break the ships | of the sea
* through | — the east-wind.
7 Like as we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the Lord of hosts, in the city | of our God;
* God up- | -holdeth• the same for ever.
8 We wait for thy loving- | kindness•, O God,
* in the | midst of thy temple.
9 O God, according to thy Name, so is thy praise unto the | world's end;
* thy right | hand is full of righteousness.
10 Let the mount Sion rejoice, and the daughters of | Judah• be glad,
* be- | -cause of thy judgments.
11 Walk about Sion, and go | round about her;
* and | tell the •towers• thereof.
12 Mark well her bulwarks, con- | -sider• her palaces,
* that ye may tell | them that come after.
13 For this God is our God for | ever• and ever:
* he shall be our | guide unto death.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.