The Lord, even the Most Mighty | God, hath spoken,
* and called the world, from the rising up of the sun unto the | going down thereof.
2 Out of Sion hath | God appeared
* in | per-fect beauty.
3 Our God shall come, and shall | not keep silence;
* there shall go before him a consuming fire, and a mighty tempest shall be | stirred up round about him.
4 He shall call the heaven | from above,
* and the earth, that | he may judge his people.
5 Gather my saints together | unto me;
* those that have made a covenant with | me with sacrifice.
6 And the heavens shall de- | -clare his righteousness;
* for | God is Judge himself.
7 Hear, O my people, and | I will speak;
* I myself will testify against thee, O Israel; for I am God, | even thy God.
8 I will not reprove thee because of thy | sacrifices;
* as for thy burnt-offerings, | they are •alway• before me.
9 I will take no bullock | out of• thine house,
* nor | he-goats •out of• thy folds.
10 For all the beasts of the | forest• are mine,
* and so are the cattle up- | -on a thousand hills.
11 I know all the fowls up- | -on the mountains,
* and the wild beasts of the | field are in my sight.
12 If I be hungry, I will | not tell thee;
* for the whole world is mine, and | all that is therein.
13 Thinkest thou that I will | eat bulls' flesh,
* and | drink the blood of goats?
14 Offer unto God | thanksgiving,
* and pay thy vows | unto• the Most Highest.
15 And call upon me in the | time of trouble;
* so will I hear thee, and | thou shalt praise me.
16 But unto the ungodly | saith God,
* Why dost thou preach my laws, and takest my | cove•nant in thy mouth;
17 Whereas thou hatest to | be reformed,
* and hast | cast my words behind thee?
18 When thou sawest a thief, thou consentedst | unto him;
* and hast been par- | -taker with •the a•dulterers.
19 Thou hast let thy | mouth speak wickedness,
* and with thy tongue thou hast | set forth deceit.
20 Thou sattest and spakest a- | -gainst thy brother;
* yea, and hast slandered thine | own mother's son.
21 These things hast thou done, and I held my tongue, and thou thoughtest wickedly, that I am even such a one | as thyself;
* but I will reprove thee, and set before thee the | things that thou hast done.
22 O consider this, ye that for- | -get God,
* lest I pluck you away, and there be none | to deliver you.
23 Whoso offereth me thanks and praise, he | honour•eth me;
* and to him that ordereth his way aright, will I | show the• sal•vation• of God.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.