Have mercy upon me, O God, after | thy great goodness;
* according to the multitude of thy mercies do a- | -way mine offences.
2 Wash me throughly | from my wickedness,
* and | cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I ac- | -knowledge• my faults,
* and my sin is | ever before me.
4 Against thee only have I sinned, and done this evil | in thy sight;
* that thou mightest be justified in thy saying, and | clear when thou shalt judge.
5 Behold, I was | shapen• in wickedness,
* and in sin hath my | mother conceived me.
6 But lo, thou requirest truth in the | inward parts,
* and shalt make me to understand | wisdom secretly.
7 Thou shalt purge me with hyssop, and I | shall be clean;
* thou shalt wash me, and I shall be | whiter than snow.
8 Thou shalt make me hear of | joy and gladness,
* that the bones which thou hast | broken may rejoice.
9 Turn thy face | from my sins,
* and put | out all my misdeeds.
10 Make me a clean | heart, O God,
* and renew a right | spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away | from thy presence,
* and take not thy | holy Spirit from me.
12 O give me the comfort of thy | help again,
* and stablish me | with thy free Spirit.
13 Then shall I teach thy ways | unto• the wicked,
* and sinners shall be con- | -verted unto thee.
14 Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, thou that art the | God of• my health;
* and my tongue shall | sing of thy righteousness.
15 Thou shalt open my | lips, O Lord,
* and my | mouth shall show thy praise.
16 For thou desirest no sacrifice, else would I | give it thee;
* but thou delightest | not in burnt-offerings.
17 The sacrifice of God is a | troubled spirit:
* a broken and contrite heart, O God, | shalt thou not despise.
18 O be favourable and gracious | unto Sion;
* build thou the | walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifice of righteousness, with the burnt-offerings | and oblations;
* then shall they offer young | bullocks• upon thine altar.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.