The foolish body hath said | in his heart,
* There | is no God.
2 Corrupt are they, and become abominable | in their wickedness;
* there is | none that doeth good.
3 God looked down from heaven upon the | children• of men,
* to see if there were any that would understand, and | seek after God.
4 But they are all gone out of the way, they are altogether be- | -come abominable;
* there is also none that doeth | good, no not one.
5 Are not they without understanding that | work wickedness,
* eating up my people as if they would eat bread? they have not | called upon God.
6 They were afraid where | no fear was;
* for God hath broken the bones of him that besieged thee; thou hast put them to confusion, because God | hath despis-ed them.
7 O that the salvation were given unto Israel | out of Sion!
* O that the Lord would deliver his | people •out of• captivity!
8 Then should | Jacob• rejoice,
* and Israel | should be right glad.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.