Be merciful unto me, O God, for man goeth about | to devour me;
* he is daily | fighting•, and troubling me.
2 Mine enemies are daily at hand to | swallow• me up;
* for they be many that fight against | me, O thou Most Highest.
3 Nevertheless, though I am | sometime• afraid,
* yet put | I my trust in thee.
4 I will praise God, because | of his word:
* I have put my trust in God, and will not fear what | flesh can do •unto• me.
5 They daily mis- | -take my words;
* all that they imagine | is to do me evil.
6 They hold all together, and | keep them•selves close,
* and mark my steps, when they lay | wait for my soul.
7 Shall they escape | for their wickedness?
* thou, O God, in thy dis- | -pleasure• shalt cast them down.
8 Thou tellest my wanderings; put my tears | into• thy bottle:
* are not these things | noted in thy book?
9 Whensoever I call upon thee, then shall mine enemies be | put to flight:
* this I know; for | God is on my side.
10 In God's word will | I rejoice;
* in the LORD's word | will I comfort me.
11 Yea, in God have I | put my trust;
* I will not be afraid what | man can do •unto• me.
12 Unto thee, O God, will I | pay my vows;
* unto thee | will I give thanks.
13 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, and my | feet from falling,
* that I may walk before God in the | light of the living.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.