Are your minds set upon righteousness, O ye | congregation?
* and do ye judge the thing that is right, | O ye sons of men?
2 Yea, ye imagine mischief in your heart up- | -on the earth,
* and your | hands deal with wickedness.
3 The ungodly are froward, even from their | mother's womb;
* as soon as they are born, they go a- | -stray, and speak lies.
4 They are as venomous as the poison | of a serpent,
* even like the deaf | adder•, that •stoppeth• her ears;
5 Which refuseth to hear the voice | of the charmer,
* charm he | never so wisely.
6 Break their teeth, O God, | in their mouths;
* smite the jaw-bones of the | lions, O LORD.
7 Let them fall away like water that | runneth• apace;
* when they shoot their arrows, | let them• be rooted out.
8 Let them consume away like a snail, and be like the untimely fruit | of a woman;
* and | let them• not see the sun.
9 Or ever your pots be made | hot with thorns,
* he shall take them away with a whirlwind, the green | and the •burning• alike.
10 The righteous shall rejoice when he | seeth• the vengeance;
* he shall wash his footsteps in the | blood of the ungodly.
11 So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward | for the righteous;
* doubtless there is a | God that •judgeth• the earth.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.