Deliver me from mine enemies, | O God;
* defend me from them that | rise up against me.
2 O deliver me from the | wicked doers,
* and save me | from the blood-•thirsty• men.
3 For lo, they lie waiting | for my soul;
* the mighty men are gathered against me, without any offence or | fault of me, O LORD.
4 They run and prepare themselves with- | -out my fault;
* arise thou therefore to | help me, and behold.
5 Stand up, O LORD God of hosts, thou God of Israel, to visit | all the heathen,
* and be not merciful unto them that offend | of malicious wickedness.
6 They go to and fro | in the evening,
* they grin like a dog, and run a- | -bout through the city.
7 Behold, they speak with their mouth, and swords are | in their lips;
* for | who doth hear?
8 But thou, O LORD, shalt have them | in derision,
* and thou shalt laugh | all the •heathen• to scorn.
9 My strength will I ascribe | unto thee;
* for thou art the | God of my refuge.
10 God showeth me his goodness | plen•teous•ly;
* and God shall let me see my de- | -sire upon mine enemies.
11 Slay them not, lest my | people• forget it;
* but scatter them abroad among the people, and put them down, O | Lord our defence.
12 For the sin of their mouth, and for the words of their lips, they shall be taken | in their pride:
* and why? their talk | is of •cursing• and lies.
13 Consume them in thy wrath, consume them, that | they may perish;
* and know that it is God that ruleth in Jacob, and unto the | ends of the world.
14 And in the evening they | will return,
* grin like a dog, and will | go about the city.
15 They will run here and | there for meat,
* and grudge | if they be not satisfied.
16 As for me, I will sing of thy power, and will praise thy mercy betimes | in the morning;
* for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the | day of my trouble.
17 Unto thee, O my strength, | will I sing;
* for thou, O God, art my refuge, | and my •merci•ful God.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.2nd half: v. 17