O God, thou hast cast us out, and scattered | us abroad;
* thou hast also been displeased: O turn thee | unto us again.
2 Thou hast moved the land, and di- | -vided it:
* heal the sores there- | -of, for it shaketh.
3 Thou hast showed thy people | heavy things;
* thou hast given us a | drink of deadly wine.
4 Thou hast given a token for | such as fear thee,
* that they may triumph be- | -cause of the truth.
5 Therefore were thy be- | -loved• delivered;
* help me with | thy right hand, and hear me.
6 God hath spoken in his holiness, I will rejoice, and di- | -vide Shechem,
* and mete | out the •valley• of Succoth.
7 Gilead is mine, and Ma- | -nasseh• is mine;
* Ephraim also is the strength of my head; | Judah is my law-giver;
8 Moab is my wash-pot; over Edom will I cast | out my shoe;
* Philistia, | be thou glad of me.
9 Who will lead me into the | strong city?
* who will | bring me into Edom?
10 Hast not thou cast us | out, O God?
* wilt not thou, O God, go | out with our hosts?
11 O be thou our | help in trouble;
* for vain | is the help of man.
12 Through God will we | do great acts;
* for it is he that shall | tread down our enemies.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.