My soul truly waiteth | still up•on God;
* for of him | cometh my salvation.
2 He verily is my strength and | my salvation;
* he is my defence, so that I | shall not greatly fall.
3 How long will ye imagine mischief against | every man?
* Ye shall be slain all the sort of you; yea, as a tottering wall shall ye be, and | like a broken hedge.
4 Their device is only how to put him out whom God | will exalt;
* their delight is in lies; they give good words with their mouth, but | curse with their heart.
5 Nevertheless, my soul, wait thou | still up•on God;
* for my | hope is in him.
6 He truly is my strength and | my salvation;
* he is my defence, | so that• I shall not fall.
7 In God is my health | and my glory;
* the rock of my might; and in | God is my trust.
8 O put your trust in him | alway•, ye people;
* pour out your hearts before him, for | God is our hope.
9 As for the children of men, they are but vanity; the children of men | are deceitful;
* upon the weights they are altogether lighter than | vanity itself.
10 O trust not in wrong and robbery; give not yourselves | unto vanity:
* if riches increase, set | not your heart upon them.
11 God spake once, and twice I have also | heard the same,
* that power be- | -longeth unto God;
12 And that thou, | Lord, art merciful;
* for thou rewardest every man ac- | -cording to his work.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.