O God, thou art | my God;
* early | will I seek thee.
2 My soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh also longeth | after thee,
* in a barren and dry land | where no water is.
3 Thus have I looked for thee | in the sanctuary,
* that I might be- | -hold thy •power• and glory.
4 For thy loving-kindness is better than the | life itself:
* my | lips shall praise thee.
5 As long as I live will I magnify thee | in this manner,
* and lift up my | hands in thy Name.
6 My soul shall be satisfied, even as it were with | marrow• and fatness,
* when my mouth praiseth | thee with joyful lips.
7 Have I not remembered thee | in my bed,
* and thought upon | thee when I was waking?
8 Because thou hast | been my helper;
* therefore under the shadow of thy | wings will I rejoice.
9 My soul | hangeth• upon thee;
* thy right hand | hath upholden me.
10 These also that seek the hurt | of my soul,
* they shall | go •under• the earth.
11 Let them fall upon the edge | of the sword,
* that they may | be a •portion• for foxes.
12 But the King shall rejoice in God; all they also that swear by him shall | be commended;
* for the mouth of them that speak | lies shall be stopped.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.