Hear my voice, O God, | in my prayer;
* preserve my life from | fear of the enemy.
2 Hide me from the gathering together | of the froward,
* and from the insur- | -rection• of wicked doers;
3 Who have whet their tongue | like a sword,
* and shoot out their arrows, | even bitter words;
4 That they may privily shoot at him | that is perfect:
* suddenly do they | hit him, and fear not.
5 They encourage them- | -selves in mischief,
* and commune among themselves, how they may lay snares; and say, that | no man shall see them.
6 They imagine wickedness, and | practise it;
* that they keep secret among themselves, every man in the | deep of his heart.
7 But God shall suddenly shoot at them with a | swift arrow,
* that | they shall be wounded.
8 Yea, their own tongues shall | make them fall;
* insomuch that whoso seeth them shall | laugh them to scorn.
9 And all men that see it shall say, This hath | God done;
* for they shall perceive that | it is his work.
10 The righteous shall rejoice in the LORD, and put his | trust in him;
* and all they that are true of | heart shall be glad.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.