O be joyful in God, | all ye lands;
* sing praises unto the honour of his Name; make his | praise to be glorious.
2 Say unto God, O how wonderful art thou | in thy works!
* through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies | bow down unto thee.
3 For all the world shall | worship thee,
* sing of | thee, and praise thy Name.
4 O come hither, and behold the | works of God;
* how wonderful he is in his doing | toward• the •children• of men.
5 He turned the sea into | dry land,
* so that they went through the water on foot; there did | we rejoice thereof.
6 He ruleth with his power for ever; his eyes be- | -hold the nations:
* and such as will not believe shall not be able | to exalt themselves.
7 O praise our | God, ye peoples,
* and make the voice of his | praise to be heard;
8 Who holdeth our | soul in life;
* and suffereth | not our feet to slip.
9 For thou, O God, hast | proved us;
* thou also hast tried us, | like as •silver• is tried.
10 Thou broughtest us | into• the snare;
* and laidest | trouble• upon our loins.
11 Thou sufferedst men to ride | over• our heads;
* we went through fire and water, and thou broughtest us out | into• a wealthy place.
12 I will go into thine house with burnt-offerings, and will pay | thee my vows,
* which I promised with my lips, and spake with my mouth, | when I was in trouble.
13 I will offer unto thee fat burnt-sacrifices, with the | incense• of rams;
* I will | offer •bullocks• and goats.
14 O come hither, and hearken, all ye that | fear God;
* and I will tell you what he hath | done for my soul.
15 I called unto him | with my mouth,
* and gave him | praises with my tongue.
16 If I incline unto wickedness | with mine heart,
* the | Lord will not hear me.
17 But | God hath heard me;
* and considered the | voice of my prayer.
18 Praised be God, who hath not cast | out my prayer,
* nor | turned his mercy from me.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.