Let God arise, and let his ene- | -mies be scattered;
* let them also that | hate him flee before him.
2 Like as the smoke vanisheth, so shalt thou drive | them away;
* and like as wax melteth at the fire, so let the ungodly perish | at the •presence• of God.
3 But let the righteous be glad, and re- | -joice be•fore God;
* let them | also• be •merry• and joyful.
4 O sing unto God, and sing praises unto his Name; magnify him that rideth up- | -on the heavens;
* praise him in his Name JAH, | and rejoice before him.
5 He is a Father of the fatherless, and defendeth the cause | of the widows;
* even God in his | holy habitation.
6 He is the God that maketh men to be of one mind in an house, and bringeth the prisoners | out of• captivity;
* but letteth the runagates con- | -tinue in scarceness.
7 O God, when thou wentest forth be- | -fore the people;
* when thou | wentest through the wilderness,
8 The earth shook, and the heavens dropped at the | presence• of God;
* even as Sinai also was moved at the presence of God, who | is the God of Israel.
9 Thou, O God, sentest a gracious rain upon | thine inheritance,
* and refreshedst | it when it was weary.
10 Thy congregation shall | dwell therein;
* for thou, O God, hast of thy goodness pre- | -pared for the poor.
11 The Lord | gave the word;
* great was the company of | women• that bare the tidings.
12 Kings with their armies did flee, and | were discomfited,
* and they of the | household• di•vided• the spoil.
13 Though ye have lain among the sheep-folds, yet shall ye be as the wings | of a dove
* that is covered with silver wings, | and her •feathers• like gold.
14 When the Almighty scattered kings | for their sake,
* then were they as | white as snow in Salmon.
15 As the hill of Bashan, so is | God's hill;
* even an high hill, | as the hill of Bashan.
16 Why mock ye so, ye high hills? this is God's hill, in the which it pleaseth | him to dwell;
* yea, the LORD will a- | -bide in it for ever.
17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even | thousands• of angels;
* and the Lord is among them as in the | holy place of Sinai.
18 Thou art gone up on high, thou hast led captivity captive, and received | gifts from men;
* yea, even from thine enemies, that the LORD | God might dwell among them.
19 Praised be the | Lord daily,
* even the God who helpeth us, and poureth his | benefits upon us.
20 He is our God, even the God of whom | cometh• salvation:
* GOD is the Lord, by | whom •we es•cape death.
21 God shall wound the head | of his enemies,
* and the hairy scalp of such a one as goeth on | still in his wickedness.
22 The Lord hath said, I will bring my people again, as I | did from Bashan;
* mine own will I bring again, as I did sometime | from the deep •of the• sea.
23 That thy foot may be dipped in the blood | of thine enemies,
* and that the tongue of thy dogs may be | red through the same.
24 It is well seen, O God, | how thou goest;
* how thou, my God and King, | goest in the sanctuary.
25 The singers go before, the minstrels | follow after,
* in the midst of the damsels | playing with the timbrels.
26 Give thanks unto God the Lord in the | congregation,
* ye that are | of the •fountain• of Israel.
27 There is little Benjamin their ruler, and the princes of | Judah• their council;
* the princes of Zebulon, | and the •princes• of Naphthali.
28 Thy God hath sent forth | strength for thee;
* stablish the thing, O God, that | thou hast wrought in us,
29 For thy temple's sake | at Jerusalem;
* so shall kings bring | presents unto thee.
30 Rebuke thou the dragon and the bull, with the leaders of the heathen, so that they humbly bring | pieces• of silver;
* scatter thou the peoples | that delight in war;
31 Then shall the princes come | out of Egypt;
* the Morians' land shall soon stretch out her | hands unto God.
32 Sing unto God, O ye kingdoms | of the earth;
* O sing | praises •unto• the Lord;
33 Who sitteth in the heavens over all, | from •the be•ginning:
* lo, he doth send out his voice; yea, and | that a mighty voice.
34 Ascribe ye the power to God | over Israel;
* his worship and | strength is in the clouds.
35 O God, wonderful art thou in thy | holy places:
* even the God of Israel, he will give strength and power unto his people. | Blessed be God.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.2nd half: v. 23