In thee, O LORD, have I put my trust; let me never be put | to confusion,
* but rid me and deliver me in thy righteousness; incline thine ear | unto me, and save me.
2 Be thou my stronghold, whereunto I may | alway• resort:
* thou hast promised to help me, for thou art my house of de- | -fence, and my castle.
3 Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of | the ungodly,
* out of the hand of the un- | -righteous• and cruel man.
4 For thou, O Lord GOD, art the thing | that I long for:
* thou art my hope, | even from my youth.
5 Through thee have I been holden up ever since | I was born:
* thou art he that took me out of my mother's womb: my praise | shall be •alway• of thee.
6 I am become as it were a monster | unto many,
* but my sure | trust is in thee.
7 O let my mouth be filled | with thy praise,
* that I may sing of thy glory and honour | all the day long.
8 Cast me not away in the | time of age;
* forsake me not when my | strength faileth me.
9 For mine enemies | speak against me;
* and they that lay wait for my soul take their | counsel• together, saying,
10 God hath for- | -saken him;
* persecute him, and take him, for there is none | to deliver him.
11 Go not far from | me, O God;
* my God, | haste thee to help me.
12 Let them be confounded and perish that are a- | -gainst my soul;
* let them be covered with shame and dishonour that | seek to do me evil.
13 As for me, I will patiently a- | -bide alway,
* and will | praise thee more and more.
14 My mouth shall daily speak of thy righteousness | and salvation;
* for I | know no end thereof.
15 I will go forth in the strength of the | Lord GOD,
* and will make mention | of thy •righteous•ness only.
16 Thou, O God, hast taught me from my youth up | until now;
* therefore will I tell | of thy wondrous works.
17 Forsake me not, O God, in mine old age, when I am | gray-headed,
* until I have showed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to all them that are | yet for to come.
18 Thy righteousness, O God, is | very high,
* and great things are they that thou hast done: O God, | who is like •unto• thee!
19 O what great troubles and adversities hast thou showed me ! and yet didst thou turn | and refresh me;
* yea, and broughtest me from the deep | of the earth again.
20 Thou hast brought me to | great honour,
* and comforted | me on every side:
21 Therefore will I praise thee, and thy faithfulness, O God, playing upon an instru- | -ment of music:
* unto thee will I sing upon the harp, O thou | Holy One of Israel.
22 My lips will be glad when I sing | unto thee;
* and so will my soul | whom thou hast delivered.
23 My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness | all the• day long;
* for they are confounded and brought unto shame that | seek to do me evil.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.