Unto thee, O God, do | we give thanks;
* yea, unto | thee do we give thanks.
2 Thy Name also | is so nigh;
* and that do thy | wondrous works declare.
3 In the appointed | time, saith God,
* I shall judge ac- | -cording unto right.
4 The earth is weak, and all the inhabit- | -ers thereof:
* I bear | up the pillars of it.
5 I said unto the fools, Deal | not so madly;
* and to the ungodly, | Set not up your horn.
6 Set not up your | horn on high,
* and speak not | with a stiff neck.
7 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor | from the west,
* nor | yet from the south.
8 And why? | God •is the• Judge;
* he putteth down one, and | setteth up another.
9 For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the | wine is red;
* it is full mixt, and he poureth | out of the same.
10 As for the | dregs thereof,
* all the ungodly of the earth shall | drink •them, and• suck them out.
11 But I will talk of the | God of Jacob,
* and | praise him for ever.
12 All the horns of the ungodly also | will I break,
* and the horns of the | righteous• shall be exalted.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.