I will cry unto God | with my voice;
* even unto God will I cry with my voice, and he shall | hearken unto me.
2 In the time of my trouble I | sought the Lord:
* I stretched forth my hands unto him, and ceased not in the night season; my | soul refused comfort.
3 When I am in heaviness, I will | think up•on God;
* when my heart is | vexed, I will complain.
4 Thou holdest mine | eyes waking:
* I am so feeble | that I cannot speak.
5 I have considered the | days of old,
* and the | years that are past.
6 I call to re- | -membrance• my song,
* and in the night I commune with mine own heart, and | search out my spirit.
7 Will the Lord absent him- | -self for ever?
* and will he | be no more intreated?
8 Is his mercy clean | gone for ever?
* and is his promise come utterly to an | end for evermore?
9 Hath God forgotten | to be gracious?
* and will he shut up his loving- | kindness in displeasure?
10 And I said, It is mine | own infirmity;
* but I will remember the years of the right hand | of the Most Highest.
11 I will remember the works | of the LORD,
* and call to mind thy | wonders• of old time.
12 I will think also of | all thy works,
* and my talking shall | be of thy doings.
13 Thy way, O | God, is holy:
* who is so great a | God as our God?
14 Thou art the God that | doest wonders,
* and hast declared thy | power• among the peoples.
15 Thou hast mightily de- | -livered• thy people,
* even the | sons of •Jacob• and Joseph.
16 The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee, and | were afraid;
* the depths | also were troubled.
17 The clouds poured out water, the | air thundered,
* and thine | arrows went abroad.
18 The voice of thy thunder was heard | round about:
* the lightnings shone upon the ground; the earth was | moved, and shook withal.
19 Thy way is in the sea, and thy paths in the | great waters,
* and thy | footsteps are not known.
20 Thou leddest thy | people• like sheep,
* by the | hand of •Moses• and Aaron.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.