O God, the heathen are come into | thine inheritance;
* thy holy temple have they defiled, and made Jerusa- | -lem an heap of stones.
2 The dead bodies of thy servants have they given to be meat unto the fowls | of the air,
* and the flesh of thy saints unto the | beasts of the land.
3 Their blood have they shed like water on every side | of Jerusalem,
* and there was no | man to bury them.
4 We are become an open shame | to our enemies,
* a very scorn and derision unto them | that are round about us.
5 LORD, how long wilt | thou be angry?
* shall thy jealousy | burn like fire for ever?
6 Pour out thine indignation upon the heathen that | have not known thee;
* and upon the kingdoms that have not | called upon thy Name.
7 For they have de- | -voured Jacob,
* and | laid waste his dwelling-place.
8 O remember not our old sins, but have mercy upon us, and | that soon;
* for we are | come to great misery.
9 Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory | of thy Name:
* O deliver us, and be merciful unto our sins, | for thy Name's sake.
10 Wherefore do the | heathen say,
* Where | is now their God?
11 O let the vengeance of thy servants' blood | that is shed,
* be openly showed upon the | heathen, in our sight.
12 O let the sorrowful sighing of the prisoners | come before thee;
* according to the greatness of thy power, preserve thou those that | are ap•pointed• to die.
13 And for the blasphemy wherewith our neighbours have blas- | -phemed thee,
* reward thou them, O Lord, | seven•fold •into• their bosom.
14 So we, that are thy people, and sheep of thy pasture, shall give thee | thanks for ever,
* and will alway be showing forth thy praise from gener- | -ation• to generation.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.