Hold not thy tongue, O God, keep | not still silence:
* refrain | not thyself, O God.
2 For lo, thine enemies | make a murmuring;
* and they that hate thee have | lift up their head.
3 They have imagined craftily a- | -gainst thy people,
* and taken counsel a- | -gainst thy secret ones.
4 They have said, Come, and let us root them out, that they be no | more a people,
* and that the name of Israel may be no | more in remembrance.
5 For they have cast their heads together with | one consent,
* and are con- | -federate against thee:
6 The tabernacles of the Edomites, | and the Ishmaelites;
* the Moab- | -ites, and Hagarenes;
7 Gebal, and | Ammon•, and Amalek;
* the Philistines, with | them that dwell at Tyre.
8 Assyria also is | joined with them;
* they have | holpen• the children of Lot.
9 But do thou to them as | unto• the Midianites;
* unto Sisera, and unto Jabin | at the brook of Kishon;
10 Who perished | at Endor,
* and became as the | dung of the earth.
11 Make them and their princes like | Oreb• and Zeeb;
* yea, make all their princes like as | Zebah and Zalmunna;
12 Who say, Let us take | to ourselves
* the houses of | God in possession.
13 O my God, make them like unto the | whirling dust,
* and as the | stubble• before the wind;
14 Like as the fire that burneth | up the forest,
* and as the flame | that con•sumeth• the mountains;
15 Pursue them even so | with thy tempest,
* and make them a- | -fraid with thy storm.
16 Make their faces a- | -shamed, O LORD,
* that | they may seek thy Name.
17 Let them be confounded and vexed ever | more and more;
* let them be | put to shame, and perish.
18 And they shall know that thou, whose Name | is JEHOVAH,
* art only the Most Highest | over all the earth.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.