O how amiable | are thy dwellings,
* thou | LORD of hosts!
2 My soul hath a desire and longing to enter into the courts | of the LORD;
* my heart and my flesh rejoice | in the living God.
3 Yea, the sparrow hath found her an house, and the swallow a nest, where she may | lay her young;
* even thy altars, O LORD of hosts, my | King and my God.
4 Blessed are they that dwell | in thy house;
* they will be | alway praising thee.
5 Blessed is the man whose strength | is in thee;
* in whose | heart are thy ways.
6 Who going through the vale of misery use it | for a well;
* and the | pools are filled with water.
7 They will go from | strength to strength,
* and unto the God of gods appeareth every | one of them in Sion.
8 O LORD God of hosts, | hear my prayer;
* hearken, | O God of Jacob.
9 Behold, O God | our defender,
* and look upon the | face of thine anointed.
10 For one day | in thy courts
* is | better than a thousand.
11 I had rather be a door-keeper in the house | of my God,
* than to dwell in the | tents of ungodliness.
12 For the LORD God is a light | and defence;
* the LORD will give grace and worship; and no good thing shall he withhold from them that | live a godly life.
13 O LORD | God of hosts,
* blessed is the man that | putteth• his trust in thee.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.