LORD, thou art become gracious | unto• thy land;
* thou hast turned away the cap- | -tivity of Jacob.
2 Thou hast forgiven the offence | of thy people,
* and | covered all their sins.
3 Thou hast taken away all | thy displeasure,
* and turned thyself from thy | wrathful indignation.
4 Turn us then, O | God our Saviour,
* and let thine | anger cease from us.
5 Wilt thou be displeased at | us for ever?
* and wilt thou stretch out thy wrath from one gener- | -ation to another?
6 Wilt thou not turn again, and | quicken us,
* that thy people | may rejoice in thee?
7 Show us thy | mercy,• O LORD,
* and | grant us thy salvation.
8 I will hearken what the LORD | God will say;
* for he shall speak peace unto his people, and to his saints, that they turn not a- | -gain unto foolishness.
9 For his salvation is nigh | them that fear him;
* that glory may | dwell in our land.
10 Mercy and truth are | met together:
* righteousness and | peace have kissed each other.
11 Truth shall flourish | out •of the• earth,
* and righteousness hath | looked down from heaven.
12 Yea, the LORD shall show | loving-kindness;
* and our | land shall give her increase.
13 Righteousness shall | go before him,
* and shall direct his | going in the way.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.