Bow down thine ear, O | LORD, and hear me;
* for I am | poor, and in misery.
2 Preserve thou my soul, for | I am holy:
* my God, save thy servant that | putteth• his trust in thee.
3 Be merciful unto | me, O Lord;
* for I will | call •daily• upon thee.
4 Comfort the soul | of thy servant;
* for unto thee, O Lord, do I | lift up my soul.
5 For thou, Lord, art | good and gracious,
* and of great mercy unto all | them that call upon thee.
6 Give ear, LORD, | unto• my prayer,
* and ponder the voice | of my •humble• desires.
7 In the time of my trouble I will | call up•on thee;
* for | thou hearest me.
8 Among the gods there is none like unto | thee, O Lord;
* there is not one that can | do as thou doest.
9 All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship | thee, O Lord;
* and shall | glorify thy Name.
10 For thou art great, and doest | wondrous things:
* thou | art God alone.
11 Teach me thy way, O LORD, and I will walk | in thy truth:
* O knit my heart unto thee, that | I may fear thy Name.
12 I will thank thee, O Lord my God, with | all my heart;
* and will praise thy | Name for evermore.
13 For great is thy | mercy toward me;
* and thou hast delivered my soul | from the •nether•most hell.
14 O God, the proud are | risen• against me;
* and the congregations of violent men have sought after my soul, and have not set | thee before their eyes.
15 But thou, O Lord God, art full of com- | -passion• and mercy,
* long-suffering, | plenteous• in •goodness• and truth.
16 O turn thee then unto me, and have | mercy• upon me;
* give thy strength unto thy servant, and help the | son of thine handmaid.
17 Show some token upon me for good; that they who hate me may see it, and | be ashamed,
* because thou, LORD, hast holpen | me, and •comfort•ed me.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.