O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and | night before thee:
* O let my prayer enter into thy presence, incline thine | ear •unto• my calling;
2 For my soul is | full of trouble,
* and my life draweth | nigh •unto• the grave.
3 I am counted as one of them that go down | into• the pit,
* and I am even as a | man that hath no strength;
4 Cast off among the dead, like unto them that are slain, and lie | in the grave,
* who are out of remembrance, and are cut a- | -way from thy hand.
5 Thou hast laid me in the | lowest pit,
* in a place of | darkness• and in the deep.
6 Thine indignation lieth | hard upon me,
* and thou hast vexed | me with all thy storms.
7 Thou hast put away mine acquaintance | far from me,
* and made me to | be abhorred of them.
8 I am so | fast in prison
* that I | cannot get forth.
9 My sight faileth for | very trouble;
* LORD, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched forth my | hands unto thee.
10 Dost thou show wonders a- | -mong the dead?
* or shall the dead rise | up again, and praise thee?
11 Shall thy loving-kindness be showed | in the grave?
* or thy | faithful•ness in destruction?
12 Shall thy wondrous works be known | in the dark?
* and thy righteousness in the land where | all things are forgotten?
13 Unto thee have I | cried, O LORD;
* and early shall my | prayer come before thee.
14 LORD, why abhorrest | thou my soul,
* and hidest | thou thy face from me?
15 I am in misery, and like unto him that is at the | point to die;
* even from my youth up, thy terrors have I suffered | with a troubled mind.
16 Thy wrathful displeasure goeth | over me,
* and the fear of | thee hath undone me.
17 They came round about me | daily• like water,
* and compassed me to- | -gether• on every side.
18 My lovers and friends hast thou put a- | -way from me,
* and hid mine ac- | -quaintance •out of• my sight.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.