My song shall be alway of the loving-kindness | of the LORD;
* with my mouth will I ever be showing thy truth from one gener- | -ation to another.
2 For I have said, Mercy shall be set | up for ever;
* thy truth shalt thou | stablish in the heavens.
3 I have made a covenant | with my chosen;
* I have sworn | unto •David• my servant:
4 Thy seed will I | stablish• for ever,
* and set up thy throne from one gener- | -ation to another.
5 O LORD, the very heavens shall praise thy | wondrous works;
* and thy truth in the congre- | -gation of the saints.
6 For who is he a- | -mong the clouds,
* that shall be com- | -pared •unto• the LORD?
7 And what is he a- | -mong the gods,
* that shall be | like •unto• the LORD?
8 God is very greatly to be feared in the council | of the saints,
* and to be had in reverence of all them | that are round about him.
9 O Lord God of hosts, who is | like •unto• thee?
* thy truth, most mighty LORD, | is on every side.
10 Thou rulest the raging | of the sea;
* thou stillest the waves there- | -of when they arise.
11 Thou hast subdued Egypt, and de- | -stroyed it;
* thou hast scattered thine enemies abroad | with thy mighty arm.
12 The heavens are thine, the earth | also• is thine;
* thou hast laid the foundation of the round world, and | all that therein is.
13 Thou hast made the north | and the south;
* Tabor and Hermon shall re- | -joice in thy Name.
14 Thou hast a | mighty arm;
* strong is thy hand, and | high is thy right hand.
15 Righteousness and equity are the habitation | of thy seat;
* mercy and truth shall | go before thy face.
16 Blessed is the people, O LORD, that can re- | -joice in thee;
* they shall walk in the | light of thy countenance.
17 Their delight shall be daily | in thy Name;
* and in thy righteousness | shall they make their boast.
18 For thou art the glory | of their strength,
* and in thy loving-kindness thou shalt | lift up our horns.
19 For the LORD is | our defence;
* the Holy One of | Is•rael• is our King.
20 Thou spakest sometime in visions unto thy | saints, and saidst,
* I have laid help upon one that is mighty, I have exalted one | chosen out •of the• people.
21 I have found | David• my servant;
* with my holy oil have | I anointed him.
22 My hand shall | hold him fast,
* and my | arm shall strengthen him.
23 The enemy shall not be able to | do him violence;
* the son of | wicked•ness shall not hurt him.
24 I will smite down his foes be- | -fore his face,
* and | plague them that hate him.
25 My truth also and my mercy | shall be with him;
* and in my Name shall his | horn be exalted.
26 I will set his dominion also | in the sea,
* and his | right hand in the floods.
27 He shall call me, Thou | art my Father,
* my God, | and my strong salvation.
28 And I will make | him my firstborn,
* higher than the | kings of the earth.
29 My mercy will I keep for him for | evermore,
* and my covenant shall | stand fast with him.
30 His seed also will I make to en- | -dure for ever,
* and his throne | as the days of heaven.
31 But if his children for- | -sake my law,
* and | walk not in my judgments;
32 If they break my statutes, and keep not | my commandments;
* I will visit their offences with the rod, | and their sin with scourges.
33 Nevertheless, my loving-kindness will I not utterly | take from him,
* nor | suffer• my truth to fail.
34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone | out of• my lips:
* I have sworn once by my holiness, that I | will not fail David.
35 His seed shall en- | -dure for ever,
* and his throne is | like •as the• sun before me.
36 He shall stand fast for evermore | as the moon,
* and as the | faithful •witness• in heaven.
37 But thou hast abhorred and forsaken | thine anointed,
* and | art displeased at him.
38 Thou hast broken the covenant | of thy servant,
* and cast his | crown to the ground.
39 Thou hast overthrown | all his hedges,
* and | broken down his strongholds.
40 All they that go | by spoil him,
* and he is become a re- | -proach to his neighbours.
41 Thou hast set up the right hand | of his enemies,
* and made all his advers- | -aries to rejoice.
42 Thou hast taken away the edge | of his sword,
* and givest him not | vic•tory• in the battle.
43 Thou hast put | out his glory,
* and cast his | throne down •to the• ground.
44 The days of his youth | hast thou shortened,
* and | covered• him with dishonour.
45 LORD, how long wilt thou hide thy- | -self? for ever?
* and shall thy | wrath burn like fire?
46 O remember how short my | time is;
* wherefore hast thou made | all men for nought?
47 What man is he that liveth, and shall | not see death?
* and shall he deliver his soul from the | power of the grave?
48 Lord, where are thy old | loving-kindnesses,
* which thou swarest unto | David in thy truth?
49 Remember, Lord, the rebuke that thy | servants have,
* and how I do bear in my bosom the re- | -bukes of many people;
50 Wherewith thine enemies have blas- | -phemed thee,
* and slandered the | footsteps• of thine anointed.
51 Praised be the LORD for | evermore.
* A- | -men, and Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.