Whoso dwelleth under the defence of the | Most High,
* shall abide under the | shadow• of the Almighty.
2 I will say unto the LORD, Thou art my hope, | and my stronghold;
* my God, in | him will I trust.
3 For he shall deliver thee from the snare | of the hunter,
* and | from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall defend thee under his wings, and thou shalt be safe | under• his feathers;
* his faithfulness and truth shall | be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for any | terror• by night,
* nor for the | arrow• that •flieth• by day;
6 For the pestilence that | walketh• in darkness,
* nor for the sickness that de- | -stroyeth in the noon-day.
7 A thousand shall fall beside thee, and ten thousand at | thy right hand;
* but it shall | not come nigh thee.
8 Yea, with thine eyes shalt | thou behold,
* and see the re- | -ward of the ungodly.
9 For thou, LORD, | art my hope;
* thou hast set thine house of de- | -fence very high.
10 There shall no evil happen | unto thee,
* neither shall any | plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge | over thee,
* to keep | thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee | in their hands,
* that thou hurt not thy | foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt go upon the | lion• and adder:
* the young lion and the dragon shalt thou | tread •under• thy feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I de- | -liver him;
* I will set him up, because | he hath known my Name.
15 He shall call upon me, and | I will hear him;
* yea, I am with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and | bring him to honour.
16 With long life will I | satis•fy him,
* and | show him my salvation.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.