It is a good thing to give thanks | unto• the LORD,
* and to sing praises unto thy | Name, O Most Highest;
2 To tell of thy loving-kindness early | in the morning,
* and of thy truth | in the night season;
3 Upon an instrument of ten strings, and up- | -on the lute;
* upon a loud instrument, | and upon the harp.
4 For thou, LORD, hast made me glad | through thy works;
* and I will rejoice in giving praise for the oper- | -ations of thy hands.
5 O LORD, how glorious | are thy works!
* thy | thoughts are very deep.
6 An unwise man doth not well con- | -sider this,
* and a fool | doth not understand it.
7 When the ungodly are green as the grass, and when all the workers of wicked- | -ness do flourish,
* then shall they be destroyed for ever; but thou, LORD, art the Most | Highest• for evermore.
8 For lo, thine enemies, O LORD, lo, thine ene- | -mies shall perish;
* and all the workers of wicked- | -ness shall be destroyed.
9 But my horn shall be exalted like the horn | of an unicorn;
* for I am a- | -nointed• with fresh oil.
10 Mine eye also shall see his lust | of mine enemies,
* and mine ear shall hear his desire of the wicked that a- | -rise up against me.
11 The righteous shall flourish | like a palm-tree,
* and shall spread abroad | like a •cedar• in Lebanon.
12 Such as are planted in the house | of the LORD,
* shall flourish in the courts of the | house of our God.
13 They also shall bring forth more fruit | in their age,
* and shall be | fat and well-liking;
14 That they may show how true the LORD my | strength is,
* and that there is no un- | -righteousness in him.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.