O LORD God, to whom | vengeance• belongeth,
* thou God, to whom vengeance be- | -longeth, show thyself.
2 Arise, thou Judge | of the world,
* and reward the proud | after their deserving.
3 LORD, how long | shall •the un•godly,
* how long | shall •the un•godly triumph?
4 How long shall all wicked doers speak | so disdainfully,
* and | make such proud boasting?
5 They smite down thy | people•, O LORD,
* and | trouble thine heritage.
6 They murder the widow | and the stranger,
* and put the | fatherless to death.
7 And yet they say, Tush, the LORD | shall not see,
* neither shall the | God of •Jacob• regard it.
8 Take heed, ye unwise a- | -mong the people:
* O ye fools, | when •will ye• understand?
9 He that planted the ear, shall | he not hear?
* or he that made the | eye, shall he not see?
10 Or he that in- | -structeth• the heathen,
* it is he that teacheth man knowledge; | shall not he punish?
11 The LORD knoweth the | thoughts of man,
* that | they are but vain.
12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, | O LORD,
* and | teachest• him in thy law;
13 That thou mayest give him patience in time | of adversity,
* until the pit be digged | up for the ungodly.
14 For the LORD will not | fail his people;
* neither will he for- | -sake his inheritance;
15 Until righteousness turn again | unto judgment:
* all such as are true in | heart shall follow it.
16 Who will rise up with me a- | -gainst the wicked?
* or who will take my part a- | -gainst the evil doers?
17 If the LORD had not | helped me,
* it had not failed, but my soul | had been put to silence.
18 But when I said, My | foot hath slipt;
* thy mercy, O | LORD, held me up.
19 In the multitude of the sorrows that I had | in my heart,
* thy comforts | have refreshed my soul.
20 Wilt thou have any thing to do with the | throne of wickedness,
* which imagineth | mischief as a law?
21 They gather them together against the soul | of the righteous,
* and con- | -demn the •inno•cent blood.
22 But the LORD | is my refuge,
* and my God is the | strength of my confidence.
23 He shall recompense them their wickedness, and destroy them in their | own malice;
* yea, the LORD our | God shall destroy them.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.