O come, let us sing | unto• the LORD;
* let us heartily rejoice in the strength of | our salvation.
2 Let us come before his presence with | thanksgiving;
* and show ourselves | glad in him with psalms.
3 For the LORD is a | great God;
* and a great | King above all gods.
4 In his hand are all the corners | of the earth;
* and the strength of the hills is | his also.
5 The sea is | his, and• he made it;
* and his hands pre- | -pared the dry land.
6 O come, let us worship and | fall down,
* and kneel before the | LORD our Maker.
7 For he is the | Lord our God;
* and we are the people of his pasture, and the | sheep of his hand.
8 To-day if ye will hear his voice, harden | not your hearts
* as in the provocation, and as in the day of tempt- | -ation in the wilderness;
9 When your fathers | tempted me,
* proved | me, and saw my works.
10 Forty years long was I grieved with this gener- | -ation•, and said,
* It is a people that do err in their hearts, for they | have not known my ways:
11 Unto whom I sware | in my wrath,
* that they should not | enter •into• my rest.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.