The LORD is King, the earth may be | glad thereof;
* yea, the multitude of the isles | may be glad thereof.
2 Clouds and darkness are | round about him:
* righteousness and judgment are the habit- | -ation of his seat.
3 There shall go a | fire before him,
* and burn up his | ene•mies on | every side.
4 His lightnings gave shine | unto• the world:
* the earth | saw it•, and was afraid.
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence | of the LORD;
* at the presence of the Lord | of the whole earth.
6 The heavens have de- | -clared his righteousness,
* and all the | peoples• have seen his glory.
7 Confounded be all they that worship carved images, and that delight in | vain gods:
* worship | him, all ye gods.
8 Sion heard of it, and rejoiced; and the daughters of | Judah• were glad,
* because of thy | judgments, O LORD.
9 For thou, LORD, art higher than all that are | in the earth:
* thou art exalted | far above all gods.
10 O ye that love the LORD, see that ye hate the thing | which is evil:
* the Lord preserveth the souls of his saints; he shall deliver them from the | hand of the ungodly.
11 There is sprung up a light | for the righteous,
* and joyful gladness for | such as are true-hearted.
12 Rejoice in the | LORD, ye righteous;
* and give thanks for a re- | -membrance of his holiness.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.