Praise the LORD, | O my soul:
* O LORD my God, thou art become exceeding glorious; thou art clothed with | majesty and honour.
2 Thou deckest thyself with light as it were | with a garment,
* and spreadest out the | heavens like a curtain.
3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers | in the waters,
* and maketh the clouds his chariot, and walketh upon the | wings of the wind.
4 He maketh his | angels winds,
* and his minis- | -ters a flaming fire.
5 He laid the foundations | of the earth,
* that it never should | move at any time.
6 Thou coveredst it with the deep like as | with a garment;
* the waters | stand above the hills.
7 At thy re- | -buke they flee;
* at the voice of thy | thunder• they haste away.
8 They go up as high as the hills, and down to the | valleys• beneath;
* even unto the place which | thou •hast ap•pointed for them.
9 Thou hast set them their bounds, which they | shall not pass,
* neither turn a- | -gain to •cover• the earth.
10 He sendeth the springs | into• the rivers,
* which | run among the hills.
11 All beasts of the field | drink thereof,
* and the wild | asses quench their thirst.
12 Beside them shall the fowls of the air have their | habitation,
* and | sing among the branches.
13 He watereth the hills | from above;
* the earth is filled with the | fruit of thy works.
14 He bringeth forth grass | for the cattle,
* and green herb | for the •service• of men;
15 That he may bring food out of the earth, and wine that maketh glad the | heart of man;
* and oil to make him a cheerful countenance, and bread to | strengthen man's heart.
16 The trees of the LORD also are | full of sap;
* even the cedars of Leban- | -on which he hath planted;
17 Wherein the birds | make their nests;
* and the fir-trees are a | dwelling for the stork.
18 The high hills are a refuge for the | wild goats;
* and so are the stony | rocks for the conies.
19 He appointed the moon for | certain seasons,
* and the sun | knoweth• his going down.
20 Thou makest darkness that it | may be night;
* wherein all the beasts | of the •forest• do move.
21 The lions, roaring | after• their prey,
* do | seek their meat from God.
22 The sun ariseth, and they get them a- | -way together,
* and lay them | down in their dens.
23 Man goeth forth to his work, and | to his labour,
* un- | -til the evening.
24 O LORD, how manifold | are thy works!
* in wisdom hast thou made them all; the earth is | full of thy riches.
25 So is the great and | wide sea also;
* wherein are things creeping innumerable, both | small and great beasts.
26 There go the ships, and there is | that leviathan,
* whom thou hast made to | take his •pastime• therein.
27 These wait | all upon thee,
* that thou mayest give them | meat in due season.
28 When thou givest it them, they | gather it;
* and when thou openest thy hand, | they are filled with good.
29 When thou hidest thy face, | they are troubled:
* when thou takest away their breath, they die, and are turned a- | -gain to their dust.
30 When thou lettest thy breath go forth, they | shall be made;
* and thou shalt renew the | face of the earth.
31 The glorious majesty of the LORD shall en- | -dure for ever;
* the LORD shall re- | -joice in his works.
32 The earth shall tremble at the | look of him;
* if he do but touch the | hills, they shall smoke.
33 I will sing unto the LORD as | long as• I live;
* I will praise my God | while I have my being.
34 And so shall my | words please him:
* my joy shall | be in the LORD.
35 As for sinners, they shall be consumed | out of• the earth,
* and the ungodly shall | come to an end.
36 Praise thou the LORD, O my soul.
* — | Praise the LORD.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.